Looks like there's more life here than the WFW site anyway.
I'm not a member of the other forum but we are quite a chatty bunch over here! It's actually been quieter than usual the last week or so. If there are any threads you're interested in, please add your comments as we'd love to hear them.
I have been a fan of Dad's Army for years, watched the series and went to see the movie in Auckland when it came out here (about 1971?). I am an ex-serviceman and can relate to a lot of what happens in Dad's Army. It is hard to put up front a best character from the shows but I would say 'Capt Mainwaring' based upon his unwavering devotion to get the job done under all sorts of comments from his troops etc (a true test of leadership). I was disappointed that they tried to replace 'Walker' on the show when he passed away, the sort of banter was not the same. But, the show still made me laugh just like it does today. I have also enjoyed the spin off's too. Anyway, I will enjoy being part of this club and look forward to reading your posts. Cheers...
After writing all that it looks like I have to follow a pattern!!
Name Richard Age 51 Live in NZ I enjoy just about all of Croft & Perrys shows (no favorites) How did I find this website? I did not know it was lost, it found me when I was surfing the net!!
BTW Male or female? I am male (have always and always will be)
- How did you find this forum? Through googling onto Katie's brilliant James Beck Online site
- How long have you been a fan of Dad's Army? How did you discover it, etc? I've been a fan for as long as I can remember. I have fond memories of snuggling up to my dad on the settee to watch when I was little (I was a proper daddy's girl!).
My grandad was in the Halifax Home Guard so I can relate to the show from his stories about what he used to get up to!
- What are your most favourite eipsodes? War Dance, Sons of the Sea, Uninvited Guests
- Who are your favourite characters? Like them all but my favourite has to be Walker
- What is your favourite Croft and Perry Series? Apart from Dads Army probably Hi-de-Hi!
- Have you any suggestions for the forum or for Dave Homewood's website's Dad's Army section? Not yet
Post by turntostone on Apr 9, 2010 18:43:46 GMT 12
I know, Haworth is just beautiful. I don't get up there as much as I would like unfortunately, due to two teenage boys and a motorbike racing-obsessed other half. I might just have to go on my own, if only for some peace!